Steps you can take to protect your privacy and minimize your risk of credit identity theft and fraud:
- Shred financial documents and paperwork with personal information before you discard them.
- Do not carry your Social Security card in your wallet or write your Social Security number on a check.
- Do not give out personal information on the phone, through the mail, or over the Internet unless you know who you are dealing with.
- Never click on links sent in unsolicited e-mails; instead, type in a web address you know.
- Do not use passwords like your birth date, your mother's maiden name, or the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Protect Yourself Now, Protect Yourself Plus and Complete Protection Packages
Protection Packages are temporarily unavailable.